BPH Treatment Near Anaheim, CA
Relief From Symptoms of an Enlarged Prostate
An enlarged prostate, or BPH, is a very common condition experienced by men as they age. While BPH is not a serious or life threatening condition, symptoms of BPH may interfere with your daily activities.
Learn more about BPH and the treatment options available. If you have symptoms of BPH that are starting to interfere with sleep or your daily activities, call the urology specialists at Southland Urology today! You can also request an appointment online using our secure form.
What is BPH?
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, or BPH, is a condition in which the prostate enlarges as men get older. BPH is a very common condition that affects over 40 million Americans and over 500 million aging men worldwide. Over 40% of men in their 50s and over 70% of men in their 60s have BPH1. While BPH is a benign condition and unrelated to prostate cancer, it can greatly affect a man’s quality of life.
As the prostate enlarges, it presses on and blocks the urethra, causing bothersome urinary symptoms such as:
- Frequent need to urinate both day and night
- Weak or slow urinary stream
- A sense that you cannot completely empty your bladder
- Difficulty or delay in starting urination
- Urgent feeling of needing to urinate
- A urinary stream that stops and starts
If you suffer from the above symptoms, you are not alone. BPH is the leading reason men visit a urologist2
- Berry, et al., Journal of Urology 1984
- IMS Health NDTI Urology Specialty Profile Report 2013
© 2018 NeoTract, Inc. All Rights Reserved. MAC00892-01 Rev A