A urologic condition is any disease or disorder that affects the male reproductive organs or the male and female urinary tract (kidneys, bladder, ureters and urethra). The team at Southland Urology treats many urological conditions in Orange County, CA. Read more about these conditions, their causes, risk factors, symptoms, and treatment options. Some common urologic conditions may include:
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ whose main function is to secrete prostate fluid, one of the components of semen.
- Prostate Cancer – The causes of prostate cancer, as with other cancers, are broad and complex. There is no single perspective on what causes prostate cancer. There are, however, certain factors that are associated with an increased risk of developing prostate cancer such as age, genetics, diet and lifestyle.Kidney Cancer – Kidney cancer is slightly more common in men and is usually diagnosed between the ages of 50 and 70 years. It is important to realize that with early diagnosis and treatment, kidney cancer can be cured.
- Pre-operative Prostatectomy Classes at St. Jude
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
The kidneys are two small fist-sized organs located behind the abdomen on each side of the spine. By producing urine, kidneys remove toxic by-products and excess fluids from the body to help maintain a critical balance of salt, potassium and acid. Common kidney disorders include urinary obstruction, blockage of the ureter and UPJ obstruction.
- Kidney Cancer – Kidney cancer is slightly more common in men and is usually diagnosed between the ages of 50 and 70 years. It is important to realize that with early diagnosis and treatment, kidney cancer can be cured.
- Kidney Failure
- Kidney Stones
The bladder is a hollow organ that stores urine. It is located inside the lower abdomen, is about the size of a grapefruit and is distensible (elastic) which allows its muscular wall to get larger and smaller.
- Bladder Cancer – Bladder cancer is a disease in which cancer cells form in the tissues of the bladder.
- Bladder Prolapse
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Kegel Exercises
- Loss of Bladder Control
- Neurogenic Bladder
- Overactive Bladder
Incontinence and Urinary Issues
Urinary incontinence is a condition where there is loss of control in managing the flow of urine from your body.
Sexual Function & Infertility
- Epididymitis / Orchitis
- Erectile Dysfunction-Nonsurgical Management
- Erectile Dysfunction-Surgical Management
- Low Testosterone
- Male Infertility
- Premature Ejaculation
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Testicular Torsion